Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Weekend review

Lots of jobs that needed doing over the weekend, and I think I've got most of them sorted...

On Friday night, choir practise held a few surprises - it seems some of the ceiling at St Giles has fallen down, so half of the church is roped off!

Later I started cleaning some of the faders on the Boundary Sound mixer. The faders on the telco channels had been selected to go there because they were scratching, and wouldn't get used very much in that location. Being Penny and Giles faders, they are easy to dismantle and clean. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my bottle of mineral oil with me, so I couldn't replace the lubricant after cleaning, so left that until Saturday evening.

Saturday morning was a bit wasted with Shelagh at work, so I didn't have the car. Decided to catch up on some sleep. Managed to get the the bank before 1pm and pay in that expenses cheque from the radio station, which will help a bit, then had lunch at KFC, with a little help from the cheap chicken burger offer vouchers on the back of car park tickets from the Potterdyke car park.

Then off to Priory FM to have a play in their newly rebuilt studio ready to start training as soon as possible. Looks like they've made a good job of it. Some of the connectors have been replaced, and the cabling tidied up quite a bit. The D&R mixer seems so small compared to the MBI that I've been sitting infront of for the last few months! Sadly the car wash was closed by the time we left at 5pm, so the car will have to stay unwashed for another week, but I did manage to book Rachel for a hair cut next weekend... really need that doing!

Busy day on Sunday, being the second Sunday of the month, having two services to play at St Giles. Managed to put together a new organist rota which will take us until the next of next February, with only Christmas morning left uncovered... I can't do it because Shelagh has confirmed with her parents that we'll be in Cumbria for Christmas this year (was it really 3 years ago that we last spent Christmas there?). Sadly I couldn't print the rota because my faithful Epson C20SX printer is rather unwell. I think nearly all the print head nozzels are blocked. Might be that the ink has dried inside the cartridges too, but I'm going to have to take it into F1 to get them to look at it... but my guess is it'll be cheaper to buy a new printer.

Spent some time working on Bob's website. From my email history, I think I last looked at it in February. I know I was working on it at the last HBA AGM conference last Autumn, so I really need to get it finished off. I think there are just 4 more pages to complete, a few buttons to add, and then link it all together. Will make a real effort to do that in the next week or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home