Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, October 01, 2004

And so it goes on...

Err... another 48 hour break, so a quick catch up on what I've been up to.

On Wednesday evening I managed to find a 7" record that I'd misplaced a few years ago. This isn't the first time I've been re-united with something that I've mis-placed several years earlier. Anyway, this record is the singal version of Soft Cell's "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye". Finding this has enabled me to verify that an mp3 version that someone suggested to me was the single version in fact isn't, as the intro is clearly a re-recording. Secondly, I really love the instrumental B side.

Thursday... err... got an SMS from Chris Hubbard (of GWR fame) asking if I wanted to go out for drinks on Friday. Sadly tonight I'm duty manager at the radio station again for a big OB, but I had a bit of a brainwave, and decided to invite him to the station for coffee and kebabs, and a tour of the facilities.

I've just had word that the TBU in the studio is misbehaving. Apparently the talkback isn't working. I can't see why not. The TBU is on the second telco channel, and its talkback is provided by Aux 1 (Aux 2 feeds the talkback to the codec box, which appears on the first telco channel). Ok, I know that's a bit backwards, but it was wired up with less than 48 hours to go before I turned the transmitter on, and no one has had any propper training on it (and even I don't know how it works propperly... I couldn't get the comm channel talk back on the telco channels to work - I'm going to have to spend some time with that later... plus the talkbacks have some odd problems when I put new bulbs in the switches!).

What joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home