Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Dah-di-dah

Last night proved to be good fun. A quick session with Bob on the old Morse code front, finally reaching nearly 12 words per minute, which is sort of the de-facto standard for sending and receiving. Ok, I'm still not picking up every letter, but with some more practise, I'm well on the way. Then had an enjoyable 15 minute QSO on 80 metres with a group of M3s in the West Midlands, including a RAFARS number, so we exchanged numbers. Didn't get to look at the PMR kit from Trent though... another time maybe - I think Don has the kit to test it, but do I have the time?

Got home just after midnight, as usual, and had a quick look around the internet, and a poke at battenberg to see if I could make Gnome work - fat chance, although I think I'm making some progress... until my internet connection died at about 1am. It was still down this morning when I got up. Hmmm.

At least the weekend is nearly here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home