Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Life is full of surprises

Yesterday's post (which I don't get to see until I finish work) yielded a few surprises. Firstly, a bill from Green Flag for picking up my car when I had to get Direct Line to carry out some warrenty work on the repair that was carried out after the accident in June. We're now nearly at the end of September, and this is still rumbling on. Anyway, I contacted DL, and they've asked me to forward a copy onto them so they can pay it. I've also got to contact GF to let them know why I haven't paid the bill (dated 17/9/04, and I only got it yesterday afternoon, giving me 2 days to pay in - yeah right!).

The next surprise was notification from Powergen that they're going to put up the price of electricity on 6/9/04. Hang on. Going to? Oh nice (is it worth complaining about that?). We also got a bill, with these changes in effect, based on estimated meter readings. What on earth do they base these estimations on? They think we've used 700 units on our "boost" tarriff... but our boost tarriff isn't wired up (I think), and the meter reads zero, and always has! This accounts for a £55 overcharge on the pill for over £190. The other readings are also a little bit high, but not so wildly wrong. How can they get the estimation so wrong? Further, the last quarter has been summer - why would we want to use the boost in summer? Madness. Another phone call for today.

Forgot to phone the dentist again yesterday. What the heck. I 'll spend my lunch hour on the phone.

Still cringing when listening to the radio. I'm going to have to go through the logs when we go off air, and compile some top 10s for best bits and worst bits.

My mind is still wandering about doing some writing at some point. I'd love to write a radio play. I've been thinking about it for years, but don't seem to have the time. I've got a large amount of free time coming up in November, maybe I'll be able to get something together then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home