Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Spending money

Well, by Friday morning, my back ache had subsided, and I spent the day working quite hard, and took a trip out to Grantham in the evening to see my parents again.

Shelagh was working on Saturday morning, so I took the opportunity to do nothing. Stayed in bed for a few hours, and when I eventually got up, I was able to spend some time just playing with my computers, sorting out an X server so that I can play with battenberg from eccles. Also managed to install a few apps, and straighten a few things out. Later on I went to the Boundary Sound studio to clean and lube the fader on channel 15 (OTS1) as I'd noticed it was sticking and not running very smoothly. I picked up a chinese on the way home, and then had a nice relaxing evening in.

Sunday was a bit more of a pain. After I'd played the organ for the morning service, Shelagh and I went shopping in Grantham (which I decided to pay for), which allowed us to pick up some oatcakes, and get the car washed. While driving around Grantham, I noticed that the car was sounding rather noisy - the exhaust pipe had finally given up, so I then had to pay for a new one - not as expensive as I feared, at £37, but still something I could have done without. Rang a quarter peal before playing the organ for evensong, and cooked oatcakes for dinner. Went to bed with another back ache :-(

Again, the back ache had subsided by yesterday morning. Spent the day working hard on a task list, which I managed to get through just about. Cooked a quick stir fry for tea, and went ringing. Didn't manage to escape early, and got roped into ringing a touch of Norwich Surprise Minor. Made it back home just in time to catch the last 6 minutes of the Waddo net, and as my radio was bearly warm, I decided to call CQ on 2 metres. Surprised by a very strong signal that came back from a G4 in Mansfield. Didn't realise it at the time, but his call (G4AAH) is very early on in the series, so it sounds like he only just missed out on being a G3. Spent a bit more time with my computers, and copied the last of the backed up data on eccles back onto battenberg. So eccles now has more than 30GB of free space, and battenberg is holding up fairly well, with plenty of free space available in its home directory areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home