Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, February 18, 2005

And back out again...

Owing to being unhealthily busy, I've not had a change to write anything this week. I said last Friday that I hoped things would be ok... well as you might imagine, everything's been far from ok.

Friday night was a bit of a rush, getting to Grantham for 19:00 and doing a hospital radio programme. Decided to visit my parents on the way home to pick up Shelagh's birthday present and card.

Saturday morning was a nightmare. Not only was I woken up early to be ranted at by a radio presenter performing amature dramatics down the phone, I couldn't find a pre-recorded programme that was meant to go out at 11 until 11:15. Then the second CD for that programme refused to play, so I had a battle on my hands to keep something that made sense on air. I then drove the desk for the programme after that, having not had chance to eat! Thankfully, I didn't have to stay much longer than that.

Sunday was a complete rush of activity, playing the church organ for three services, and having my parents visit (which makes a pleasent change actually), while trying to work out why the radio station's broadband shoutcast stream had stopped working.

The week has been a blur of work 09:00 to 17:30, radio station 18:00 to 00:00, sleep 00:30 to 08:00, rinse, repeat. By last night I was pretty hacked off with not actually having time to do anything else... that and the fact the rest of the day had been pretty stressful.

I'm looking forward to having a holiday. Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home