Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Nearly Switch-on Time

I'd like to say a lot has happened since Tuesday, but I don't think it has.

The UPS didn't arrive on Tuesday, and having chased the supplier, we found that their online ordering was a complete scam. Not only did they take the money straight away, their "express delivery" just didn't exist, their website wasn't intelligent enough to tell us the item was out of stock, and the information on the product was incorrect - apparently those units only supply at full load for 13 minutes, not 60. Maybe a nudge at trading standards would be a good idea.

Tuesday evening was spent in Lincoln doing the last of the teaching sessions for the 2E0 course I'm on, so I didn't get anything done really, just a few minor changes to the website - added a couple of presenters. At least Andy had managed to get the IEC plugs I needed (I hope they're the right ones, I haven't had time to check yet).

Wednesday was Tim's birthday, so we celebrated in style with lots of beer and kebab after I'd got back from Grantham. We'd knocked a few ideas about with the website, and Tim had been scratching his head over the ongoing network issues. By this time we'd changed our plans for the UPS. Also finalised how some of the station output will be managed.

Yesterday I spent the evening in Lincoln again, building a project for my 2E0, which took me just 2.5hrs to build - so now all I have to do is sit the exam on 16th March... pass it... and apply for a new license. I had considered going straight onto the M0, but the disruption all these courses cause is taking its toll, so I'll probably leave it for a while. Got back to Newark to find that we now have UPS units, but I was advised not to install them, and go get a good night's sleep.

Didn't feel like I had a good night's sleep this morning though - I still feel tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home