Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Drilling and screwing

Time is, once again, very short, and writing anything at all requires making a special effort. Quick summary of the week:

Last Friday evening was indifferent, although I exchanged a few music books with my mother, and promised that I'd have a look at a damaged CD to try to restore as much as I can. Don't know when I'll get time to do that though.

Saturday was better than last week. Quite uneventful really. Was duty manager at the radio station from 09:00 until 17:00, dashed home for some food, and then back to cover 21:00 to 00:00 with Dave, who invited me for a drink afterwards. Very welcome! Sadly it was gone 02:00 by the time I staggered into bed! And not before realisesing that in a phone call to Jason earlier in the day I'd mis-informed him as to who was playing at St Giles - I'd mis-read the rota.

So Sunday morning was used up playing the organ, and then I spent all afternoon in bed with a headache. What fun.

Can't say much about the week really... It's been desparately indifferent, despite the snow, which seems to start falling whenever I go outside. Had some trouble on Wednesday pressing all the wrong buttons, but I guess we all have off days.

What has been bugging me is this. They're illegal to use in the UK... so why sell them? How stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home