Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The slow return to normality

Another very busy week, so a quick summary...

On Tuesday evening, I found that there was no album chart available, so the evening show was punctuated with live reports from the various FA cup 5th round replays... a theme that was repeated on Wednesday.

Wedneaday was interesting in that I woke up to find some snow had settled. Not a lot really, maybe half an inch, and it was all melted by lunch time.

On Thursday and Friday, the internet connection at work was down, but things carried on as normal with masses and masses of things to do.

After choir practise on Friday (having decided to not go to Radio Witham), I went to see my parents (drop off a card for Mothering Sunday).

Saturday was pretty indifferent, but I was so tired that I found myself in bed before 19:00, only to wake up at 21:30 to practise the hymns for Sunday, going to bed again at 01:00, waking up at 04:00... you get the idea.

Sunday was just one long hard push - getting through two church services, before going directly to jail... err... Gustos, where I had to wire up and then tech op and OB. Then return the kit to the studio, eat (it got to 16:00 before I managed to have breakfast), and eventually switch off the transmitter. Got to say that whoever is living under the studio was making a complete racket at 23:30... sounded like attack of the killer bass guitar, and the noise was coming across over the mic.

So having got to bed about 01:00, Monday was just a blur of work, followed by some yawn infested ringing (which in itself was quite enjoyable, with courses of Single Oxford, Oxford Treble Bob, Norwich Surprise Minor, and Plain Bob Major), and a quick chat on the Waddo net, not run by Bob due to a data contest, so Don (M0CES) was holding things together. I went QRT at about 20:30 due to extreme tiredness, and after a quick chat on IRC, fell into bed before 22:30.

...so I expect today will feel a bit more like life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home