Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, January 21, 2005

Losing sleep

With the A1 being closed all day on Wednesday, and coupled with a numb mouth from my visit to the dentist, I decided against going to Grantham on Wednesday evening. So I sat at my computer and worked away at some more of the Boundary Sound website. There are still a few pages that exhibit some of the gross coding errors that I inhereted, and I'm going to have to look at them this weekend.

By yesterday evening I was mast annoyed about the DA situation. No, it still hasn't arrived, and a phone call to out supplier reveiled that he only got hold of the cheque on Saturday (we posted it the last Tuesday), and he won't dispatch the kit until it has cleared (next Monday), so we might get the kit on Tuesday. Fat lot of good that is... the transmitter is being installed TOMORROW! So how am I supposed to wire it all up? No, I'm not a very happy bunny at the moment. Really need to sort out a company credit card, cheques are as much as a pain as some suppliers.

I spent a couple of hours doing initial presenter training with Simon, who seems to have coped quite well with it, so I'llpush him on a few stages next time, although I need to cover regulation and branding.

Later, Andy, Duncan, and I, had a go at creating the final advert schedule based on what we've actually sold. It turned out to be quite a challenge, and I gave up at 01:10 (simply had to get some sleep). Actually, I believe it was finished by 02:00. So that's yet another task completed... only a million more to get through in the next 16 days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home