Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Losing blood!

Last night reads something like a comedy. I'd planned to give blood before setting off to the studio to try to finish off the wiring before the weekend. As it turned out, the doning session was much busier than expected, creating long waits and rushed push through. My donation started running slow towards the end, which has happened before - at least I clot well - and then things went from bad to worse. The two people infront of me in the queue at the tea room both suffered a re-bleed, resulting in blood all over the floor... and it was all too much for me, and I passed out. Bugger.

The resulting recovery delayed my departure further, and I didn't get home until 20:30, some 45 minutes later than planned (I'd hoped to be at the studio for 20:00) and I still hadn't eaten the rest of my dinner. It was 21:15 by the time I got to the studio, and then I discovered that my warning about being short of solder had been over-looked, so I had a meer 8 inches of solder to make up half a dozen cables. Well that wasn't going to happen. I managed to make up three short patch cables, before I ran out of solder. Enough to get one of the channels partially running.

Yesterday also turned out to be rather eventful for the day crew, who had a degree of hassel with one of our main suppliers regarding a bank error, which was causing problems with a cheque. It nearly turned very nastey (quite needlessly), and the said supplier didn't even call back once the situation had been rectified. Nice. Maybe a change of supplier is in order? We've had nothing but trouble for the last few weeks on this front.

There's a beer and curry night planned for tonight. I intend to go, but I need to have another session at the wiring to get it finished before webcast on Monday (and no, we can't put it off another week). The whole studio re-wriring project is slowly coming back on track, having been about 3 months behind. However, after the RSL, I'm going to have to attack the rack again... this time with a bag of cable ties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home