Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Broken again

Woke up this morning to find my cable internet not working. Cheers NTL. This is on top of an apparently non-working wireless network at the radio station. Both Andy and Duncan claim they can't get their laptops to register onto the network. I suppose, if I take my laptop with me to Grantham tonight, I might be able to drop by to have a look at it. I wanted to probe the wireless access point last night, but all the computers were down in preparation for the installation of a propper electricity meter... we hope. I have no idea why it isn't working though. I know I changed some DHCP settings, but it's been working since then. However, everything was rebooted on Sunday for some reason. Grrr >:(

Actually, looking at the stream connection logs, something odd is going on. I suspect someone has changed the stream content without advising me, because it has been dropping every 2 hours 30 seconds, which is mighty suspicious. Either that or something isn't right with the internet connectivity at the studio.

I'm still thinking of installing Gentoo on battenberg. It's been in a state of deadness for a couple of months now, and the cd-rom drive is truely shagged. I'm considering buying a DVD-RW of some kind for eccles, and putting the cd-rom drive from eccles into battenberg.

Last night, while a little windy, was uneventful. Returned the PSU to the radio club. Covered transmitters and receivers. But I think I'm going to miss the AGM on Thursday, as I've invited Chris Hubbard up for a curry.

Had another early start this morning. Finally managed to drag myself to the pool to swim 32 lengths in record time. I was slightly pushing myself, racing a woman in the lane next to me. I find a bit of competition always helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home