Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A new year

Ok, as you've probably guessed from the long gaps, I've either been really busy, or not infront of a computer, so I'll try to run down what I've been up to...

I'd taken the 23rd and 24th of Decemeber off to go to Cumbria for Christmas. However, I took the opportunity on the Thursday morning to swim 32 lengths, and finish off my Christmas shopping, which was going horribly wrong, I also bought some folding crates to allow us to carry all sorts of stuff up to Cumbria that afternoon. The drive up was fairly exciting, with some fairly strong winds, but no snow, so the A66 was an easy run.

Found myself doing lots of ringing over the next few days... for Christingle, midnight mass, Christmas day, Sunday, and then Monday practise. Sunday was punctuated with the usual tractor trundle, which for once was held in fantastic weather. Monday was a bit of a wasted day - I'd hoped to take a few more pictures of the country side, but the light faded early and the weather closed in.

By Tuesday morning, I was feeling quite off colour - a theme for the next week I'm afraid. I think I picked up a minor virus, which gave me sporadic headaches, and light headedness on and off. However, I recovered enough for a brunch with Lucy on Tuesday, before going to Carlisle to watch the football (well worth buying a pie and a coffee to help keep warm during that), and later having a curry with Helen and Clive (and boy, was that curry hotter than I'd expected).

Travelled home on the Wednesday - a very uneventful journey. Tackled the pool on Thurday morning, before getting plastered at Baz's mid-xmas party (and still managed to do rather well at the music quiz). Duncan's mother invited Shelagh and I to go to the new year's bash at Gusto's, so we went to that, and had an enjoyable time partying until 1am.

I spent most of the bank holiday weekend at the radio station, trying to undelete the log files that aircheck had helpfully deleted as they were over 64 days old. Sunday being punctuated by the usual bouts of organ playing, followed by some serious cleaning at the studio again (the bathroom was becoming quite unbearable).

On Monday morning, the entire Boundary Sound management team went for a shopping expedition to Grantham, and managed to spend quite a lot of money. I managed to get a new suit out of it though. At last! I suit that fits! In the afternoon, I spent a couple of hours with my parents, before the usual Monday evening rush of activities - bell ringing from 18:30 to 19:50, radio net at 20:00 until 20:30 (only three of us on this week), then off to the studio for a spot of planning, etc. Also managed to un-double-book myself regarding the HBA conference and the Hereford bell ringing course, which somehow have got themselves onto the same weekend at the start of April.

So... yesterday. Started work again, after a quick 32 lengths in the pool. And an evening spent at the radio station (again) training and briefing day time presenters, which I've got to repeat on Thursday... something to look forward to.

Ok, not much detail, but as I said, I've been keeping myself busy. Looks like this year is probably going to be busier than the last. Maybe that isn't a good thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home