Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Where did all this work come from?

Blimey. Yesterday was rather busy at work. I've got a huge pile of things to be doing, and I don't think this is going to let up until at least the end of the month.

Elsewhere, it seems that Grantham Hospital are still slowly erroding staff facilities. After I arrived at Radio Witham last night, I decided to take a wonder upstairs to the canteen landing, where the smoke room and staff toilets are, and where there used to be vending machines (although these seem to have been redistributed all over the hospital over the last couple of years). A few years ago the opening hours of the canteen were cut rather dramatically, so that they now don't serve dinner - only lunch. And it seems there is no breakfast service any more. Well, to get back to the point, I found the landing locked! It will now be locked from 15:30 on weekdays, and 14:30 at weekends. Even if I was at the radio station during the canteen opening hours, I don't think I even get a staff discount any more. I used to quite enjoy going for a meal with fellow presenters, and enjoying the social side of working on a radio station. I fear it has now all been lost.

Actually, as it happens, I can't make any weekday evenings in February. Coupled with my inability to go to conference this spring, and now the reduction in staff facilities, I ask myself if there's any point? After nearly 11 years working for the station, I'm seriously considering walking away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home