Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Losing days

Erk, where has the last week gone? Ok, where did we get to? The problem is, when there's a lot to write about, I'm really busy, and don't have time to write about it. Let's go back to last Wednesday evening...

...I arrived at Radio Witham (with Shelagh with me for the ride) to find Paul in the library sorting records. Managed to exchange as much news and information as was possible, trying to sort out my weekday problem in February (that's going to be such hell), and then got on with a fairly regular broadcast. I then dashed back to Newark to look at the Boundary Sound notwerk. It turned out to be something really minor... the kind of authentication was incorrect on both Andy's and Duncan's laptops. Don't know how that happened.

Thursday was a blur of work. I can't even remember what happened in the evening. I seem to remember Duncan being hung-over. I think I managed to sort out httpd on the linux box at the radio station. It was one of those sort of days.

Friday went a bit odd when BT's internet service completely failed from lunch time. Spent the evening training Mark, who had lapsed since last week's session somewhat. I hope I've got him all sorted now, but I won't be around much this coming Friday to check it out.

I had a much needed rest on Saturday morning, before going for a swim. Mental note - don't swim on Saturday afternoons - the pool is full of children. Managed to do some shopping, getting myself a pair of shoes that fit, then buying a DVDRW for myself (much needed, and now I can put the old CDROM in battenberg). Bought a 120GB HDD for the aircheck machine at the radio station, and spent some time installing it, and setting it up. At least we won't have a storeage problem with the logs this time round.

On Sunday I had a serious attack on Boundary Sound's website. There were several things that were annoying me, such as all the presenter pages having individually coded picture bars, and all pages having their own footer, rather than share a common template.

I finally finished off most of the work by Monday evening, in between training Dean, and the usual raft of jobs that needed doing.

So yesterday, yet another busy day at work, another evening in Lincoln, meaning I missed the Priory FM AGM (although I'm sure I'll get all the gossip later). I still haven't sorted out a programme plan for the evening show on Boundary, and I'm expecting the long expected DA to turn up today. I need to get the wired in by close of play on Friday, as the transmitter is being installed on Saturday. Not long to go now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home