Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

More stress

I'm begining to get stressed again... and it's probably all very unnecessary.

The intermediate course on Tuesday evening wasn't too bad, but when I got home, I decided to have a look at the Boundary Sound website to see what needed doing. Well I've opened a real can of worms. I started correcting errors in the presenter pages, and found myself having to updated just about every page on the site, becuase the common page parts are not stored in a common file, the code is duplicated for each page. One of the coding errors had lead to the presence of two copies of the presenter index page. I think I've now removed all references to one of them, and fixed all the code. I suspect that there's a similar situation elsewhere. I really need to get the presenter details separated from the common banners and page layout code... I just don't have the time at the moment. I'll probably have to look at it before the next RSL goes live though.

Yesterday was busy at work. I'm ploughing through a task sheet, and haven't got time to think about much else.

Today isn't going all that well. I finally got to bed after 1am, after fixing the web site problems, and discovering a new consultation on the Ofcom website... I'm going to have to look at that soon. I've simply had to go swimming this morning. I had intended to go on Tuesday, but Monday was a late finish after the meeting. Wednesday was a non-starter having been to Lincoln, and then sat up listening to the end of the Priory FM RSL (which I though was appauling - even the last track wasn't back timed, so at midnight, it all cut off rather suddenly). Swimming this morning, coupled with my requirement for the car today (I've got to see the dentist again at 13:30) rather annoyed Shelagh, who wanted the car this morning to give a workmate a lift. No can do. Not if I was to be home for just after 08:00 in order to put together a lobby for tea tonight (and it has to be done today before the veg goes manky). With all these things in mind, and coupled with Shelagh's bad mood, my stress is on the verge of turning to anger.

Oh, and my lower back is aching again this morning. I was unable to relax in the sauna this morning, and it hasn't eased up. I'm in for a bad weekend unless things pick up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home