Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Lazy Weekend

Well, Friday seemed to fly by. Lots of work to do, so I'm trying to get a drip of that at the moment. Spent Friday night in the pub with Jacko and Dunc, and I managed to bring Shelagh with me, which meant I could have a drink or two, and she'd drive home.

...then we proceeded to sleep for the best part of 12 hours, only to be woken by my sister pointlessly phoning me. Decided to visit my parents and get the car washed to make something of the afternoon, and then I took Shelagh out to the Asha for a curry.

It seems that the rear windscreen washer on my car has developed a fault, so it's not squirting with much force at the moment. Maybe a leaking connector?

Sunday morning was utter chaos, running between churches to play for 2 services, before finally getting round to doing some shopping. I cooked some trout for tea, but had another minor disaster when trying to turn the cooker off, resulting in one of the control knobs losing its notchiness. That'll probably cost a fortune to replace.

Today has been a bit varied. Lots of work. The bad news is that Graham has decided to withdraw the peal I rang a few weeks back, due to concerns over the composition. Quite a shame, but these things happen, and I enjoyed ringing it all the same. Next time I will make time to go to the pub afterwards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home