Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Ding Dong!

Once again it's Monday, and I'm completely knackered. It's been a productive few days though...

Thursday evening was spent creating a training schedule for Boundary Sound presenters. Just a few pointers... about 8 pages worth! I hope that the presenters will inwardly digest the comments, and follow the guidelines. Sadly, I finished much later than I intended, and ended up getting hope at well past midnight.

Friday morning was a real struggle. I remember being woken up by my alarm at 07:45, and then falling asleep again. Fortunately, I woke up again at 08:15, and dragged myself to work. A quiet morning in the office, and managed to sort out a few things. The day was unexpectedly cut short at lunch time, when I was informed that there was no need to come back for the afternoon session, as everyone else was off to the Christmas party. I'd decided not to attend, because I'm attending too many parties already, and dragging myself up to Huddersfield in time would be difficult with Shelagh not finishing work until late. I'll try to make an effort next year. That's now 2 years in a row I've not been to a work Christmas party... and on both occaisions it has been down to distance.

So I spent Friday afternoon hacking at Boundary Sound's record library. Fixed several mistakes, sorted some new tracks out, and deleted a pile of duplicates. That's 150 less tracks to worry about now.

Choir practise was interesting. Seems like someone is about to apply for the currently vacant "music director" post. I'll let you know when I find out more myself...

Spent Friday evening tidying up the studio and office. Cleared piles of junk and ate a very nice kebab.

Saturday was another horrid early start, and mainly thanks to Shelagh's packing efforts on Friday night, we managed to be on the road to Aberystwyth by 08:00. We arrive at about 13:00, to find that parking has got much worse now that there is now no out of season free for all parking on the sea front. Not good. The afternoon quarter was, quite frankly, a disaster - minimus on the back four. I was on the tenor, and called it round after 15 extents before I completely wrecked my muscles (although they're not feeling that good today anyway...).

The dinner was good - plently to eat, good value for money, and we didn't leave until about 01:30, which made ringing for 09:00 rather interesting... but the turnout was good, and we managed to get all 10 bells ringing for the first time in ages. Then time for a quick coffee, a visit to Jo and Andrew, and then home via my grandparents to drop of presents. We got home at about 19:00.

I then raced off to the studio again to do a couple of hours of web work, as promised. Managed to make some changes and fix a few bugs, but there still some deep underlying problems. Also noticed that the feedback form doesn't work properly! I won't be recommending the person who originally wrote the site to any of my friends.

So I finally got home at 23:00, spent 45 minutes pampering my teeth, and managed to get about 8 hours of sleep. Had to turn the bedroom heater on at about 05:00 though... it was FREEZING!

Getting the car serviced today. I knew that the coolent needed replacing, and Shelagh suggested that the hand-break needed some attention. It turns out that the rear cylinders need replacing... which alone will cost £100. Another expense I can do without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home