Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Problem detection

I think I've just about recovered from last night. Spent the evening with my parents for a final exchange of presents and cards for Christmas. Ate too much. Drank a bit. And had a good long session playing my Garklein recorder. It's not to everyone's taste, as it's rather squeaky, but it's great fun.

Later, I spent some time playing with CWCom - a sort of eQSO for Morse code. A couple of Americans willing me on to improve. I think I'm going to have some fun with that over the coming months.

This morning, I woke to the news that the sixth Harry Potter book is complete, and at the publishers. So I'm just waiting for a release date that I can look forward to. Standard protocol is that Shelagh will get to read it first, because she reads faster. She'll then refuse to talk to me about it until I've completely finished reading it myself. I feel an entertaining summer coming up... with another Harry Potter film in the winter to look forward to.

Just after 10:00 I accidently tried to VNC the Boundary Sound computer system. I was actually trying to look at my own machine to check my email, but clicked on the wrong name. I discovered that the studio's network wasn't responding. I managed to get Duncan to cycle the RF decoder, which magically brought it back to life. I suspect JHCS did their usual trick of rebooting a router without telling anyone.

Anyway... onwards... only 1.5 days of work before my Christmas holiday starts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home