Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Christmas bites...

The season of regular over eating has begun. Looks like all the weight I lost over the summer is going to go straight back on.

As usual, a quick look back over the last few days, since I really couldn't be bothered to write something every day this week (and I've been quite busy at work again, with quite an urgent project requiring some serious coding).

Tuesday evening was at least educational. It's been 8 years since I last studied electronics, and until Tuesday, I had got impedance, reactance, inductance, and capacitance all mixed up in my head to some degree. I think it's a bit straighter now.

Wednesday morning was an early start. I actually went swimming for the first time in over a month, and got home in time to prepare some lobby for tea. And supper. And lunch for Thursday. And probably Friday too. I received a new cash card in the post. All going chip and PIN now. Hmmm. I'm not sure I approve yet.

The evening was yet another typical hospital radio night, apart from an accident on the A1 causing me to divert down the back roads to Marston, which added some time on to my journey. Was all clear on the way back though. Managed to get home before 22:30, so spent some time playing with my radio. I was glad I did, as there was some serious tropo lift on, and I managed to work a chap in Bognor Regis via the Reading repeater. At long last, some lift activity for me :)

Thursday was fairly uninteresting. Received a bank statement, which didn't yield any great surprises. However, the evening was quite good fun. The Waddington Radio Club's Christmas dinner. Decent attendance, and quite a high standard of conversation. Much more interesting than usual discussions on RG213, PL259s, the menu system on the FT1500M (which I happen to be quite conversant with). Food was the usual Pyewipe standard (outstanding), and worth every penny. Just a shame I was driving.

I'm sure there'll be time for drinking at Boundary Sound's party toinght...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home