Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Weekend grunge

It's been a while since I've written anything, but I've been busy... honest.

Last Thursday evening saw the first snow of the winter, which took me a little by surprise, as it started snowing some time after I got home from work, and just before I set off for Lincoln. It had been raining all day, and Dave had tipped me off that it was snowing in Mansfield at about 17:15. It didn't settle too much, but it was enough to make my journey a little slower than usual.

Friday was just sunny and cold, and I don't really remember much else about it. Choir practise was cancelled, so I spent the evening at the radio station trying to get the Linux box working.

Saturday morning was yet another training session at the radio station. Stuart's third session. I left him to have a play, while I listened from the rack, and continued to battle with the Linux box. No, I can't get it to work the way I want it to. Might have to get some help with that.

In the afternoon, Shelagh and I went down to Loughborough for a mini IRC meet to see Mit and UKGamer. Seems that Mit might be able to help me with the Linux problem if I can catch him online at the right sort of time. Spent the afternoon in the union bar, and eating pizza, and slightly geeking out.

Sunday was fairly relaxing. After the usual organ playing in the morning, I spent the afternoon and evening with my parents. Spent the late evening scanning a book for Lucy, and working on the Boundary Sound library during scans.

Monday went all wrong from the word go. I got up a little later than I intended, as I had some ironing to do. I felt all listless, and rather off colour, but putting it down to Monday grunge, battled on to work, as that sort of thing normally wears off. Sadly, it didn't. By lunch time I had a banging headache, and really was off colour, so I went home sick. Spent the afternoon laying on my bed listening to the radio (Chris Hubbard reading the news on Saga FM - now that's weird). After a snooze and some pain killers, I managed to regain some sort of form, and spent another evening at the radio station, training Howard this time. I've had a few sessions with Howard on the technical front, but this was his first presenter session, so I went through voice coaching with him. I'm really no good at that, so I'm going to have to try to get someone in to talk to everyone. I contacted Chris to see if he'd come and do a talk - but the problem is finding a date when we're both free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home