Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Holiday

Yes, I know it's been 12 days since I last wrote anything but when you're as busy as I've been, there really isn't time.

Around Thursday 28th October, work as getting quite busy with a few problems that had emerged with the server software I was writing... all to do with supporting UNCs as well as DOS paths. Such a pain. Still haven't been able to fix it - can make the foundation classes work for some reason.

Friday was the start of a crazy three days of hospital radio conference in Stoke-on-Trent. Managed to get some worthwhile visits to BBC Radio Stoke, and Hospital Radio Stafford. Then I got drunk, ate lots, and talked about rubbish until stupid o'clock. Normal conference really.

Got home on Sunday, having bought a load of stuff for studio building. Remind me never to carry reels of cable on the train.

Monday was the start of my annual Center Parcs holiday. So much to do and enjoy, midweek fireworks, Italian food, swimming, etc. The highlight for me was a Shiatsu back massage on Thursday to sort out the various Ki imbalances that have developed over the last year. Actually, I've felt better over the last year than I did last year. I topped Thursday off with an Indian with Shelagh. It was a shame that Friday had to come really.

Saturday was just as busy, as Shelagh's parents came to visit as we were taking part in the WRG bonfire bash on the Grantham canal. Spent the day pulling up trees, and clearing the canal, before spending the evening talking and eating real navvie food. Ended up buying a WRG calander, and a red t-shirt.

Finally, I spent yesterday doing some more engineering work at Boundary Sound. Lots of bits that need building, and I still need some plugs to get the remotes working. Took one of the newly acquired machines to become a domain controller, but found that I couldn't get Suse to install on it, so I had to settle for Redhat 9.1. Looks like the date of the next broadcast is to be put back by a couple of weeks... give us a chance to sort a few things out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home