Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Network-o-rama

Aaahhh... happy days - despite today being Monday, I'm still smiling.

Ok, in my usual look back over the last few days style:

Thursday evening turned out to be fairly interesting, lots of nice photos of the antartic... and not too many penguin pictures. No radio action though.

Friday was dull, wet, and horrible. Spent most of the day watching the load on my PC as I played with iteration rates on the server software that I'm writing. Got home to find choir practise has been cancelled, so went to the radio station early to fix the network gateway, a record line, and have a chat with Duncan about how things were progressing. By the end of the night, and after several Cokes in the pub, we'd put together a provisional programme plan for next time. I'd love to share with you some of the other things that were said... let's just say it's all very exciting.

Saturday morning was an early start for me, as Shelagh was starting work at 6, and I wanted the car. Spent 2.5 hours with Howard teaching him about all things technical. Would like to obtain some parts so that I get get him to build some remote lines to the CD players. Also downloaded a full set of patches for gateway, and replaced some bulbs in the mixer.

After another cheap KFC lunch, it was off to Grantham to get the car washed, and my hair cut. Somehow got talking to Nigel about routers, and ended up spending £70 on a wireless broadband router. The upshot is that I'll now be able to power down Eccles, because it's no longer performing any routing, so there's hope that the electricity bill might come down a bit. It's certainly quieter at night! Also, I can now access the internet from anywhere in the house with my laptop... comfy evenings on the sofa chatting on irc... wonderful.

Sunday morning was spent at the Congregational church (being the third Sunday in the month). That organ still needs some attention. After a quick lunch, it was off to Lincoln, were we'd arranged to ring at the cathedral with Lorrain and Matt. They didn't make it, so Shelagh and I found ourselves being used to make up numbers. Had the honour of ringing the tenor down - not something that gets done very often.

We then headed off the the Pyewipe for an early dinner, before going to watch Wimbledon at the cinema. Not a bad film I guess... just average on my scale. Then back to the Pyewipe for pudding and further drinks.

Phew... weekends just don't get any less busy do they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home