Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Coping... I think

I can't remember why I didn't post anything on Friday. Must have been busy with work, or something like that. Actually, there is a mounting pile of things for me to be doing at work, and I do remember drinking a large amount of fruit tea on Friday morning.

I've also completely failed to go to the gym in the last week, so I'm going to have to get a few visits in this week, and try to get my length count back up, because I guess that 28 will probably kill me. I'll just see how I manage, I guess.

I spent Friday evening back at the radio studio, cleaning a couple more faders, fixed a couple of CD caddies, and installing the new presenter microphone. This was further enhanced on Saturday afternoon, when Andy finally laid the carpet in the studio anti-room. This forced me to unplug lots of kit from the rack, and re-wire it all. At least all the cabling out there is now nice and tidy. We had a curry on Saturday evening to celebrate.

Saturday morning was spent ringing a peal. I think the link says all that needs saying.

Sunday morning was all taken up playing the organ for 2 services. I'd forgotten it was rememberance Sunday. I took on a little housework during the afternoon, and lay on my bed in a little pool of sunlight for a while, before going to the studio to tain Stuart Graham... his first session in the studio, uneventful, but useful. I also managed to put a new network card in the linux machine I'm building, but didn't get as far as setting it up. Then at the end of the evening, I forgot to shut it down before I turned off the power in the studio - I'd forgotten I'd not powered it from the rack supplies. Oh well. It'll survive.

...and all this while Shelagh has been working abroad. Somehow managed not to starve to death either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home