Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Training...

While I try to write something every day, it doesn't always happen. Usually because I'm actually busy working. Yesterday, for example, I spent most of the afternoon doing battle with a message processing unit for a transaction server that I'm writing. The problem was, the message file wouldn't open... unless it was run in the debugger, when it'd behave itself. An annoying problem, with no clear solution.

Just to review the weekend... I only spent about 30 minutes at choir practice, after Linda turned up, and Mike wanted to mainly look at Christmas material. So I spent Friday evening with Matt in the Boundary studio. Fairly productive, but need some more sessions. Since no one at Priory has booked me for Tuesday, I suggested that'd be a good day. Nice kebab afterwards too!

Spent all day on Saturday at the Priory studio. Got most of what I wanted to do done. Shame about the awful weather though. Went for a Chinese when I got home, and found Bullpit Road under water again. Spent the evening with Dave - had a fairly uneventful play with my radio. The 2m band really is dead. The only other people we could find were Don and Dean in Lincoln, so I broke in to say hello, and left it at that. Gave Dave some frozen fish and an old edition of the Guiness Book Of Hit Singles. Dave handed me a cassette to try to copy to CD... I'll try to get round to looking at that at some point, but old cassettes always pose a problem when they're nearly worn out.

Sunday morning was pretty much a repeat of Saturday. Took Charlie through the finer points of the mixer, and gave Pugsey some more ideas. Really couldn't be bothered with lunch, so ended up at KFC (how much take-away food this weekend?) before buying a new small suitcase for Shelagh, who'll be going to the Netherlands in a few weeks time for work. She's still not sure of the travel arrangements, but I know she's never been abroad before, so I'll all be new to her. It's been nearly 2 years since I last travelled anywhere... I'm going to have to sort something out for next year.

Last night I had another session at Priory. Since I'd taken the kit home with me on Sunday, I had to return it all. The problem was, I put the studio keys in my coat pocket, and then forgot to put my coat on before I left for Grantham. This resulted in an extra round trip later in the evening to give Paul his keys, so he can open up for the transmitter install on Wednesday.

Right... that's more than enough to be getting on with for today... back to the grind stone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home