Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Shock in the post?

Bearing in mind how many radio stations I'm involved with, etc, you can imagine how I felt when I found an Ofcom envelope with "Radio Licence Information" printed on it, and my address hand written. Eek! Turns out to be a renewal notice for my ham licence, which expires next month. Not that I've been doing anything wrong on the old wireless front, but the last week's logs of the Boundary Sound RSL are still "current", and although I'm not the licensee, my name (and address) was still on the validation document, as a person authorised to shut down the station.

Shelagh left this lunch time for her German expedition, so 5 days of looking after myself, and wild parties. Well maybe not the wild parties.

I intended to go swimming again this morning, but I was late getting home last night, having spent a couple of hours talking to Anne Bland, which was nice (a mug of coffee goes a long way with me). I probably won't feel like it tomorrow morning either - Friday mornings are always a bit "morning after" for me, but we'll see... I haven't been swimming since last Thursday when I was on holiday.

Talking of holiday, I've got a couple of days off later in the month for the SBES in Birmingham, and after that Christmas eve is on my holiday list. That leaves me one day yet to book. I'm thinking of some time around the 8th December...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home