Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rain

Well Saturday wasn't too bad. I dragged myself to the studio for 09:30 for another of my regular duty manager sessions. I had time to investigate the state of a rack mounatable fan tray, which needed a little case work, as some of the fans were catching. Very little else to report really, just usual hospitality duties.

I spent the afternoon resting. At this time of year, sunlight tracks across my bed during the afternoon, and I like to make the most of the early autumn warmth.

After a chinese take-away tea, it was on to the studio for my last programme of the RSL. Unlike last week, it sailed by, which is a good sign that I'd settled into it. It's a shame sometime that RSLs are only 4 weeks, and by the time you work out what you're doing, things come to a close. Duncan was down as duty manager for the late shift, so I managed to get home, and into bed for around 23:30.

An early night didn't make waking up this morning easier. I was woken up at 06:05 by heavy rain. Really heavy. I could hear water overflowing the guttering, clattering down to the patio. I'd got the windows open, and the fan on, as it was warm last night. So I turned the fan off, and managed to get another couple of hours sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home