Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Drip... drip...

Worked from home yesterday for the first time. I've never been a big fan of it, I miss working with other people, and the office is only round the corner. But we had someone booked to come and look at our electric meter, so I thought I'd give it a go. Turns out that the suggest problem with my electric meter (no boost facility) is down tot he way the house is wired, there's not a lot that can be done about it, but if I was to have it wired up, it'd be for the water heating only, which isn't what I was after.

I noticed, while washing my hair yesterday morning, that the hot water wasn't very hot. Dismissed it as the meter missing its radio pulse - sometimes happens.

This morning, the hot water was positively cold. Either the water heater has gone, or the electric meter has developed a fault. Decided to try to catch the afternoon session while I was home for lunch by watching the neon lights on the water heater switches. It didn't come on. Still don't know if it's the element or the meter. However, I noticed a few things that have worried me. I'm not sure this is to do with the pipes now being cold and contracted, but there's some calcification around one of the old solder joints on the hot output pipe. The junction was also wet. I then noticed some wetness around the bottom of the tank. There also seems to be some wetness around the lower heater element.

Well it looks like my Friday night is all planned for me. BUGGER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home