Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Slowdown? Where?

Last time I wrote, I was about to head off to the HBA conference in Portsmouth. Well, it was another interesting weekend of emotional highs and lows, realisations and revelations. No swimming pool though!

Before I left, I managed to find some time to attach the 20 pin plug that I'd acquired to the end of a reel of multicore cable. I haven't yet got round to cutting the cable to length or fitting plugs on the other end, mainly because I still don't have the jack fields I would like.

I spent some time last weekend fitting a TBU remote button to the second phone channel on the mixer, only to find that there are a handful of ICs missing.

On Tuesday night I finally got round to inviting James to the studio with the intention of making him an assistant engineer. I really need an extra pair of hands about the place sometimmes. Just did the usual guided tour of the place, and spent a bit of time talking about dynamics processing.

Noticed that The Eye have started test tranmissions on 103.0MHz. Also noticed that there is a shadow in their coverage that spans the western part of the Vale of Belvoir.

Suffereing quite badly with a cold at the moment - just going to try to get some more rest this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home