Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Only going forwards - we can't find reverse

Yes, that litterally happened last night. During my usual trip to Grantham last night I had a worrying moment on the A1 just south of Gonerby Moor, when I tried to get into 5th gear, and couldn't. I didn't think much more of it, until I tried to get into third gear after I pulled off the A1 and onto the A52 - again, the gear box seemed to jam on me. As it happens, my parents where waiting for me as I pulled up at Barrowby church, and I let my father have a drive, who couldn't find anything wrong. Well something wasn't quite right. I managed to get back to Newark, and pulled off the A1, only to find that I couldn't engage any gear! So I managed to stop the car, and eventually found first, and proceeded to get home, only to find that I couldn't reverse onto the drive, and had to be pushed.

So this morning, I set out early and took the car to my nearest Ford dealer, who wasn't able to offer me the assistance of a mechanic until Tuesday at the earliest. It's a (suspected) buggered clutch, not a space shuttle refit! Anyway, they called the guys at Tanvic, and Shelagh braved the drive across town, while I took a bus home to be back in time for work.

So I'm now waiting for a phone call to find out how much it's going to cost to fix it, and when I'll get it back. Thought it best to try to organise a lift to the studio with Andy for tonight's training sessions. I'm not hopeful it'll be done until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home