Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, September 19, 2005

The Whirlwind of Life

For the last 2 weeks I've hardly stopped for a moment and had some rest. Lots going on, so a quick summary...

Final preparations to the studio went fairly well, although there were some problems with overheating in the racks. I'll need to spend some time sorting that out for future broadcasts.

Had a "musicians" meeting at the vicarage. Not an awful lot to report, but at least the ongoing problems with the organ are being looked at.

The broadcast started ok - I turned on at midnight, and then went for a drive to Lincoln. Made the mistake of deciding to drive through Lincoln, and got lost. Driving at 2am isn't fun.

Steady lack of sleep as the broadcast has progressed. I ended up replacing the TBU on the first Friday evening, and the rack now sits open faced most of the time to keep the heat under control. Had some fun last weekend with many many OBs, and an unexpected failure of a link transmitter, which caused me to do some rushing around trying to save the day in many places at once. I think everything went as well as it could considering the problems.

Work is busier than ever, and I've got mountains to do before Christmas.

I've given up thinking of doing any more house painting this year - not enough time and not enough good weather left in the year.

Must... get... more... sleep... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home