Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

22 Days to go

With each passing day, I find more and more things left to do... not a good thing when in just over 3 weeks time, I'll be switching on the transmitter for Boundary Sound's third RSL. The major problem is that things are now changing so fast that I can't keep up on a day to day basis with what's happening, so there's no hope of me writing about everything here.

Some of the changes that have taken place include a few changes to the data presentation setup of the radio station's system, moving the development website into its new permanent public home, getting presenters to update their profiles and show pages, sorting out a second monitor for the studio, discovering that I couldn't get a USB keyboard to work over a usb extension cable, having a band 1 link antenna installed, nailing carpet tiles to the walls, re-organising the office furnature into something that now looks like a production office, purchasing a second MD player (nice DN980F unit), and then finding out that our weekday late show presenter isn't available. The upshot of the last item has seen me re-added to the presenter list to fill in Saturday evening.

Found myself playing the church organ for a couple of weddings last Saturday. I don't really enjoy playing for weddings - it's a rather high pressure job - but good money.

I even found myself doing some bell ringing last night, for the first time in ages. Just trying to regain some sort of social life again.

Anyway - must get on... things to do, places to be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home