Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Breaking, fixing, and burning things...

Lots of things keep happening, and I'm just about managing to keep up with things. Unfortunately, that means I don't have time to write about them as they happen. This has been the case for several weeks now. I feel another holiday is needed in the near future to try to slow things back down.

Last Thursday, for the first time since last August I think, both Don and Dave joined me at the radio club. So many things have happened in that time that have prevented us all being there at the same time. Anyway, as usual, a good evening was had by all.

I really don't remember last Friday. Didn't do anything special in the evening either. Had an unexpected phone call from the Congregational Church who were looking for an organist for Sunday. I wasn't aware Linda was unavailable. Not a problem - I quite enjoy playing there anyway. I realised, while I was on the phone, that Ikea had tried to call on Wednesday to tell us when they will deliver the sofa... we weren't expecting this call until the 13th!

On Saturday, Shelagh was working the early morning shift again, so I caught up with some sleep, before mowing the lawns, making a trip to the tip, and then buying an incineration bin to burn the stuff I couldn't be bothered to move (or was too spikey and dangerous to move). Sadly, the weather wasn't going to hold up for me, so I put it off for another day. Spent the evening chatting to Dave. I miss the sofa... with Shelagh still being awake, there wasn't anywhere for me to sit, so I ended up on one of the chairs we bought from Ikea.

Sunday was a blur of three church services. I managed to burn most of the rubbish in the garden later in the evening. Had an amusing moment when there was a small explosion from the fire. I think the case of an old firework might have landed among a pile of leaves, and didn't take to being burnt too well.

Early start on Monday morning to go swimming. I weighed in at 13 stone exactly. Another pitiful 24 lengths, again caused by a slightly later start than I need to do a full 32. Had some fun and games with the radio station's internet connection. JHCS claimed our router was injecting DHCP onto their network. However, we couldn't find any record of this in our logs. So we reconnected, and will keep an eye on it, but something odd was going on. Then went to Grantham to give my mother her birthday card.

Tuesday was even less exciting. Mostly spent at work with a large pile of things to be done. After dinner, spent a couple of hours on the radio. Nothing in particular to chat about. Made the effort to recompile the new linux kernel I downloaded last week. Still waiting to reboot battenberg though. I installed VB4 on eccles to check something out, which forced me to reboot eccles...

...then this morning, MS annouce 6 new patches for win2k. So I had to reboot eccles again. Why don't MS announce these things on a Monday morning or last thing on a Friday, when it's more likely that I'm going to be rebooting my machine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home