Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Back to the grindstone

Work is as intensive as ever, with piles of things to do. Keep discovering minor changes that need making to improve some of the functionality. I can foresee this remaining the case for some time to come.

Tuesday evening was a quiet one. With my parents out playing cards, I tried to make some plans to see them on Friday, but it turns out that they're not available then either. Decided to try doing some late shopping at Woolworths, only to find that they now close at 20:00 not 22:00. Ended up sitting in, watching TV, and writing a testimonial on behalf of the radio station to one of our service providers. Always find writing those things difficult.

Chickened out of swimming on Wednesday morning. Not a lot happening really. Howard reported a problem using AOL with the new webmail system, which was fairly easily sorted out. Noticed that there's a special event RSL due in Grantham for 4 days during the summer for Gamefair (looks like a green wellie event at Belvoir).

Battled with wind and rain to go to Grantham last night. After my usual Wednesday visit to Radio Witham (some more progress on the new studio - a couple more panels have been covered, and I don't know who's doing it, otherwise I'd try to organise a time to help out), I decided to play radio for a bit, and ended up chatting to Tony and Ant on the Wolds repeater for a while, making the first official contacts with my new callsign, before getting to bed probably a bit late...

...mainly because getting up to go swimming this morning was a battle. I managed a pitiful 24 lengths, although in my defence, I was rather late into the pool, but I just couldn't bring myself to swim any faster. Also note that I'm now 13st 1lb. I need to get a grip on this weight creep (and I'm due to cook burgers for tea tonight!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home