Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Plants, words, and pictures

I've noticed that I've not updated my webcam image for some time... I'll have to remember to get my webcam plugged back into my computer at some point in the near future, and capture a new image of my ugly mug.

Spent last night at the radio club having my second installment of training for an intermediate license. I'm still not entirely sure that I'll apply for it once I've got my pass certificate, though. The rumour is that a full license course will be run after the intermediate, so I might go straight on and go for that, especially as I've only just renewed my M3 license.

I took Shelagh to the Pyewipe, as I was still unsure as to whether I was taking Lucy or not. Taking Lucy requires a little extra help. As it happens, Lucy wasn't that bothered about going, and decided to decline the offer. Shelagh tends to sit by the fire and read while I'm in the club shack, but I suggested to her that it'd be a perfect opportunity to do some writing. Maybe something will come out of that idea?

I'm currently engaged in a battle with the peace lilly that resides in our lounge. It hasn't flowered for over two years now, and I'm not sure why. For some time I've though that it's been too happy where it is. I've been trying to reduce how much water it receives, but all this does is makes it go limp (although it perks up again within 6 hours of it being watered again). I asked Nermal what he thought, and he's suggested feeding it and giving it more light. I've had problems with it in the past, in that when I give it too much light, it tends to yellow, but at this stage I might give it a go, as it generally recovers its colour after lurking in the gloom of the lounge for a while. Any further ideas would be gratefully received.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home