Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Head mash

Considering that I'm supposed to be in a resting phase at the moment, my head is letting itself become increasingly mashed by so many thoughts, that I'm struggling to hold on to the all.

I had a bit of a break from reality last night by going to the radio club, and having my first solo CW QSO. I'd managed to wonder into a 2E0 who was sending very slow morse, so slow that even I could read it, and I then spent the next 18 minuites exchanging names, locations, and RST.

Today was rather busier. My first problem of the day that I'd had to think about was the logs directory in the Boundary Sound filesystem weren't appearing. It seems that when I tightened up the security on the smb share, I broke the mounting account that was used to put it on the main fs. Not hard to change the account, but I didn't want to put usernames and passwords in the fstab. Finally discovered the credentials property and set it up that way. It's fixed, but not perfect. There is some tidying up to be done on that front.

Nice lunch time with Shelagh. She finished her last few hours at her old job at lunch time, and picked up a pie and chips for me to have for lunch.

The main problem of the day at work is a linked list problem. It seems that the items on the list are not going to be sortable, so the links have to be set up as they are written, and not afterwards as has currently been written. There's a whole pile of other ideas and exceptions that need to be considered. I found myself leaving a voice message on my PDA to remind me of some of these thoughts, and since I've brought my work laptop home, I plan to have a bit of a thrash at it over the weekend. I really don't want to have to carry on working on it after Tuesday, since I'm on holiday from Wednesday for 3 days while we have the windows replaced, and I have no intention of thinking about work in those days.

Bleugh! Need to relax for a few hours, otherwise I risk melting my brain...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for keeping this up, eh? :P

28/11/06 21:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home