Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Seeing the light

Another week passes, and again, lots happening... so lets go back to the evening of Friday 1st July, which I think is where I left off...

...I managed to rebuild the ots remotes, boxed, wired neatly, great. Really spent the weekend finishing off things before taking a break from the radio station.

Had a night off the curry on Saturday, and ended up on a hilltop somewhere in Lincolnshire, enjoying a few beers and playing with a radio. Called CQ on 80m for 10 minutes, heard nothing, went back to drinking.

Did the usual organ playing thing on Sunday, alerting me to the fact that I'd need to fetch my synth from Grantham... more kit I don't have room for.

I made an effort to go ringing on Monday evening - first time for many many weeks. Mashed my brain trying to remember Norwich Surprise and Oxford.

Tuesday was a more interesting affair with the training session at Chesters, bringing up a few points that I hadn't considered.

Wednesday was the first of three days I took off work to paint some of the external woodwork on the house. Started by replacing a rotten bit of wood on one of the window frames, and then proceeded to undercoat the two lounge windows, before managing to gloss one of them. I considered undercoating some of the upstairs windows, but the wind was too strong to consider using the ladders. I stopped work early, considering that I'd have to leave the windows open while drying, and I wanted to go out for the evening session. As it happens, this was probably a good idea, as it started raining later in the evening - fortunately, the paint was mostly dry by then. For the evening session, I decided to not go to the hospital radio station, and spent some more time teaching the new bell ringers in Barrowby. Some progress being made, but as always, it takes time... something I don't seem to have much of. Collected my keyboard from my parents for Sunday's "performance", and grabbed a KFC on the way home.

Thursday was a bit of a washout. Wind still too strong, and too many showers to allow any painting to be done.

Friday was nice enough to allow me to gloss the second downstairs window and to undercoat the master bedroom windows. Not as much work done as I could have done, but a start on the difficult jobs.

Saturday was more promising, starting early to remove the guttering, and undercoat the eves. The weather now getting quite hot. Had a Sky engineer visit to relocate our dish, since we've been having increasing difficulty receiving the BBC stations on satellite as the trees along the A1 have been growing. I'm going to have to investigate getting them topped for next year. Had an indian take-away in the evening. Works out quite a bit cheaper than eating in, and the food is just as nice.

Sunday was very busy. Playing the church organ in the morning. Then doing some shopping (having used up lots of supplies from being off work for most of the week). Then glossing the master bedroom windows and the eves. A break to ring a date touch before the evening's open air service, with keyboard in tow. Then back to refit the guttering, and to bed early for work on Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home