Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Melting

Two words to describe the last few days... BLOODY HOT.

But, despite the heat, I've still been busy. Great disappointment on Friday night, when Andy failed to collect/deliver the CD and MD players for the studio - I was hoping to have them all sorted out for the weekend, but it wasn't to be. Got home in time to watch another Big Brother eviction, and then had a drink or two.

Saturday was just a massive rush - shopping first thing for a father's day card (massive con that). Then down to Barrowby to ring the bells for a wedding. Then back home for a haircut. Then up to North Muskham to ring for another wedding. Then home to meet Helen and Clive who were staying for the night, having been to a kit car show at the showground. We'd booked a table at the Indian again, so a nice hot meal, and then home to cool off in the garden.

Sunday wasn't much less busy. While I was at the Congregational church, Shelagh, Helen, and Clive went off to enjoy the weather. So I went down to Grantham to give my father his card, and also see Jackie and Dave who were visiting my parents. Then home for evensong and another rush to the studio for a training session, grabbing a Chinese on the way in. Got home to find the bedroom was a meer 36C - far too hot to sleep, but there you go.

Monday was a bit easier at work, but the evening was just as busy. Again, no CD/MD players, which really annoyed me... how the hell am I supposed to stick to my work plans when all my dependancies fail? Had a reasonable training session, and managed to move the home directory on the file server onto a new disc. I then set up a new file area, and linked it into the home directories. I just need to set up a backup cron job now. Finally finished at 00:30.

Some good news this morning. Andy has actually picked up the CD/MD players, so they might appear in the very near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home