Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, July 01, 2005

End in sight

Since last Tuesday, quite a lot has happened.

Most of last week was fairly standard, Wednesday hospital radio and bell ringing sessions. Thursday training with Matt, and helped to get the webcast back up and running.

Friday was a bit unusual. Rather than my usual training session, I went to see The Beautiful South at Sherwood Pines. A great night out, despite getting very wet in the rain. Stopped right to the end, and we managed to make our way forwards during the encores as people began to leave. Took ages to get out of the car park afterwards, and it was well gone 1am by the time we got home.

This wiped out Saturday morning pretty well. Dave turned up with a new ham radio antenna for me... which I must get round to paying for. Decided to give the indian a break this week, and had a quiet night in, and placed another order with Maplin for some more plugs and bits for the mixer.

Sunday, being the fourth Sunday in the month, was devoid of organ playing duties, so went shopping in Grantham. Then went to homebase to buy some long ladders for me to paint the windows with... and to sort out that antenna. Then had a bit of a bombshell moment with the website, as some flaws in the access rights were pointed out. So I sat up until one 1am again sorting out the new battle plan... and less than happy that something wasn't said several months earlier.

Monday night was just hard work. Started putting bits together for the new studio computer, and set it ready for an install.

Tuesday started off with a surprise to find all the station's website and services down. Turns out that someone had turned the power off at the distribution. Managed to get everything back up and running for the photo shoot later that night. The Maplin order had arrived, so I wired up the MD remote. The monitor amp had been returned, so that was re-installed. The evening ended with a massive thunder storm.

Wednesday was rather quiet. Decided againt going to the hospital radio station, as the guy before me was off, and I see little point in opening up for 90 minutes. So went home after a rather successful ringing session, and ended up having a drink with Duncan, tying up some loose ends.

Thursday was more hard work. Didn't bother going swimming - far too tired. I noticed that the entire rack installation was exceedingly hot, so I spent an hour moving things around the rack to spread the warm devices about a bit. Did a little training, and then went home for a few drinks. Was hoping to have had the new website installed, but the project is now running a bit late after the shuffle caused by last Sunday.

So, by today, my task list is getting shorter and shorter, and I think things are coming to a point where I can have the next 2 weeks away from the radio station, without things falling apart by the time I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home