Dyn's World

It's really really boring... most of the time... honest!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

While I make my living out of being a software engineer, I'm trying to become a published author, writing books for teenagers.

Friday, September 17, 2004

Hello World

I've been meaning to do this for some time, and so here it is...

So where to start? With so many things going on at the moment, it's a bit of a mash. Rather than introduce aspects to my lift, I'll just talk about them, and hope you can pick up on what I'm talking about.

Woken at 06:25 this morning. Shelagh starting work early, so I was sort of woken already, but my mobile phone rang, and that's a sure way of waking me. Turned out to be Duncan phoning from the radio station to report that the IRN feed was dead, and he couldn't get the satellite receiver to pick it up again. My first worry was that last night's wind had blown the dish out of alignment, but Duncan commented that it was raining hard. We really need a bigger dish than 60cm to receive Hotbird 4, as this is the thrid time in 2 weeks I've had the feed drop. Unable to think, and unwilling to go have a look, I told him to drop the news, and I'd look into it later... considering contacting Tim or someone else to check it out, or do it myself tonight. As it turns out, Andy fixed it by 10am anyway.

So my alarm woke me up again at 07:45 for work... which has recently been slow, but it now picking up with a pile of design work and coding.

In every spare moment I have, I'm continuing to set up battenberg after a great re-install last Tuesday from RH9/win98 to SuSE 9.1 - which seems to be really good, but I'm suffering a few problems in the Samba department...

Oh well... here comes the weekend...